This page contains some ideas how to enhance OpenIndiana.
Long term projects
- Help Joyent and OmniOS CE dev teams with upstreaming LX changes
- Create a service for generic FMA event handler. Some early work can be found here.
- Try to import new changes from upstream Linux DRM
- Finish moving components to category layout
- Automatically install dependencies when building packages
- Move components to using common.mk
- Implement package signing on pkg.openindiana.org
- Import new changes from https://github.com/Omniosorg/pkg5
- Switch IPS to Python 3
- Port slim-source to Python 3
- Port the build system to Python 3
- Remove dependencies on Python 2.7
- Try to create an open source replacement for DDU's libddudev