This page contains some ideas how to enhance OpenIndiana.
Long term projects
- Help Joyent and OmniOS CE dev teams with upstreaming LX changes
- Help Joyent and OmniOS CE dev teams with upstreaming bhyve changes
- Create a service for generic FMA event handler. Some early work can be found here.
- Try to import new changes from upstream Linux DRM
- Move components to using common.mk
- Implement package signing on pkg.openindiana.org
- Import new changes from https://github.com/Omniosorg/pkg5
- Port GUI installer to GTK3 (or better, rewrite in Python)
- Remove dependencies on Python 2.7
- Replace perl-524 with perl-530
- Investigate porting sun-solaris Perl module to more recent perl