2017.10 Release notes
We are glad to announce that Hipster 2017.10 snapshot is available.
This release is signed and verifiable by GPG. The OpenIndiana Release Engineering key has key id 0x3a021afadbe31887.
The public key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- mQINBFkHrmsBEADCHjW1mu/SgnV0nshQO6Ma+mQ6NNumGN6NdCTaWyfvjLGde17o RBLLLVbt0+OpB3EW2Im+X6Zxnisq+V2LsFsamqGJXH84y0ubPxZH9y8O86CGBJPX USsG9rldpLkBAkHtxDrDAt4GyD5090Z9otH2RgBmjWTzEHqVBwrKEUUJkiWP0QUY 5kZ60suX3DtqdC3uCEg4NNTMCPLOY3WJr6X2eDJ6DjZYFZ+SmjCD9X5rCzLQqmvW bADO839815pUSZa+YJn6chgSGwqtWcg62al3EXB+TaqLyoiwO2Xw1qlWfUitMc6Q rTYD+K4gh/8Fiz7Mn7MUYzPUT+vHBGui2/MzQycXGRH3kK3j7/a/lsN2AmxYJWag wSMTDiOlm6f/eAk/E5mnquGzgSQkDcMAYijUDW98Zwy7y4zMLT2D2il6FalZkTYj 3ALdcewFSdZjsm7vJxG2uHRNh7vNcZyOZkYgvBoD4Ndb0vkj2LaO1lIUvTyVPeS4 sbyTUw38asw3jPU2A6hd9YMZypfd5YsiyQCDrWGuVCCl3lfb4dfCra+3wwyExDz0 3YGzfVvxSgSexljvQQQ/xbATbDstBYj+JD16fH6mEJg0cEzp84rlTIOXCpksluFL yJQ9xkHVmAUYQhBRHhRpm3H6B12hze/zp/RwIAIG53CSsbSY5c7hbJIMlwARAQAB tB9PcGVuSW5kaWFuYSBSZWxlYXNlIEVuZ2luZWVyaW5niQI9BBMBCgAnBQJZB65r AhsDBQkFo5qABQsJCAcDBRUKCQgLBRYCAwEAAh4BAheAAAoJEDoCGvrb4xiHfPkP /A9MlvGKkuinRv7O+R//CBKCFmW6MgHWdcvA4FEAkvlHCJ/vYeBahKd0LIog642t LmhLZ+wVUhsGZIq4ORRLCM4s/SLXohMuaWNdghGu1EhIYrTq8jhj2Ph1OChFXo9S RhXn4Pnd7CtyNypECw291tO8d70RcEGM4kWiZLQE755luU7TrXM2X7YEcUeakzvv mTbJ+SQhDpeAEIP4qtHru+EvwbHtyemdYKMBPHXE98ucrqfqCqFKDFdqxWpvbdUe TeSgme+PSz25V3DxDcuSqHp4+WM6vSfiZ5T6Tk2u40vyu9kWePTeYWoFMvzXlbjq mYwrIPmcQ6B1iifzOfI/cZHyFbcLxBLDf3uuQb7I8JNYkZB70IHHCTif1HIBKiUv g/zZQq+0q4IelbSEXq+COZ0uFCjhDpZaPJ1DXFHXOKD5BJeOct9LnuDAg4Usenq1 yBmFuWut0U/Z9NY7U3TES6ZaG25i9/QZa59qFY6YW5n9WiSiuCP2vYhi9p33iLEy uUHnmdk/XgRHA1if5tkRQqVsj5RkoDP5xAhADnJe2tW11cCZAe8yc0LA/VAiQLdA 9iz5NgNLgSDfDUAw0jGtH96xClGaMlv9ysnsnamH9SIkRs+HA4/eD4/kaQiXjKWc pcX95GCFCTHMYW4iVPV/m7gjx4IMGUdJZWVHSGMcTAk0uQINBFkHrmsBEADPJ23B EVN3kdM/zuvG8B41k9yk9MNQXLzI/FnTJ1hgTQH+HvRSix4bIsOo7U2t4+CB6wUy 5xRVcIO7DKdoHzMBqXfVFIkUti1k9CFZx37oLaYBsldE6rL7ZchQKileICYAWze3 bnTe/b6ZaWNVs1yMk79MJ/DF8z1RNeZsPFxBrXE5vh973+k0hkDZfi9bULdmQroL gniBS5aSc2pGdl3UNqSx+CcyS+/Jrn4LDnPHj3mx7WGlJLc/Lw0uYZxSZM3FAj7/ zrsLgnP4/xdcCMTcbVbC6L7VBSIE+hE6ppdrKwoLp7C2cyA14DnHM+heqx8Dqtf6 acIc8txyUB7zShGC5Fhp37YnhrHGnUrDxxYi99OfNChXAbwtR5z8Leicijplc/NF oibGSLLC8NvFkzuWIIuqZK8l2/UZmER7Nt7hhHszilsnAJenwvYCIVEqJsrdsTUf iiYm5AifwhU018Ia5As9kvBqymMy2bYSbZZVic+WXb6StWHugjKSFJmCo2h66QsI giHNJEvOxybANlSkxI6t38EipGvvW1dlROBuL/RZOQvSJL7SRlclOeQF4ZtPBMFy yI5p3DBZbIHChdaH5OE0U7zk+qt1hvO+HSh8Yc1OVBd6pziAay5L6S8jsBKDPjJr 7OTUuHJL00teBe3SORS8BACkg6+/6Yk9a3lSiQARAQABiQIlBBgBCgAPBQJZB65r AhsMBQkFo5qAAAoJEDoCGvrb4xiHUqcP/iOUf55a2rU5N/tlZsn2fd+O6U2V4Iym YYysJ5OZJj0baDmL+SSmNarem+ogRcpBmKX3LFNgGnEoRVaeILQApri5JelCSEhC Ex5Xwk1WOqXTRWV9flbVU/rTSiCNDUySaaJDCVOQ07TEQ/bDShkR0X+MyCzklgbZ rZnj+spaPeDnpIkfwfG2aKiJ0hq9KATBwdREcP9f/R7LaAdmcbr89Ya4iPEmaDYO gh/t83zH45XKiWxXwb9rn9U2szWLOfx8rMTTRhYWBPB+K7RX8mGoiphqtMOJYhNA N7AVm+9LRVxRcnmWyf1cQKF8FG1j9FBlaeNUAFefpvvcBffTFvPnpqOaSZm7nu6l NwWT2N0IHdr9daET0ewvL2poMkE9P3abPmEjQYFMobg3ZiPs7e5TeplvVFtC2y89 47Gow54KIVS2cbeSVCPlCj/B8GmEjkAsGmjDtGTk45LiJptv6h5lH95YGUafI97U xLSEJJ+mab1iSRqDCn8lVlfjvAp6Hv/DW9sr6lutQuzZjxhFi5rsly1C40rkOni/ pByJDW47+VERp2wxvJdVVUZEge53IHTgrruHs/tWUsJNEswkHQ7OsY5u7bEcPUlW Stua8WJo5U4cN0abgrRAXnXXBWi2bNbYe8xnH+OsOghb1gRg3N99G/TthoziPQ1I cuYxZQalebJS =fC+/ -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
How to verify:
<ISO>.sigfile from mirror
gpg2 --verify <ISO>.sig <ISO>. You should see the following output:
gpg: Signature made Tue 31 Oct 2017 11:19:40 AM MSK using RSA key ID DBE31887 gpg: Good signature from "OpenIndiana Release Engineering" [unknown] Primary key fingerprint: F5E9 84E5 ADD2 9578 D45C C1FE 3A02 1AFA DBE3 1887
Even if the output includes:
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
The signature is still correct.
General system changes
Xorg was updated to 1.19.5 (Note, that if you run OI as VirtualBox guest, you should switch to vesa driver, as latest VirtualBox guest additions (currently 5.1.30 or 5.2.0) don't provide Solaris xorg drivers for Xorg 1.19). An issue causing Xorg being launched as root was fixed.
Mate was updated to 1.18 version.
IIIM (Internet/Intranet Input Method Framework) is not delivered by default on GUI image (IBus is shipped instead) and will be removed soon. Installer was reworked to configure XKB for switching keyboard layouts in Mate (when it is installed). US layout is always the default one. Additional layout is selected based on chosen language.
Text installer now can perform basic OpenIndiana installation to existing ZFS pool (for example, in parallel to existing OpenIndiana installation). The option is considered advanced and should be used with care, but allows you to install minimal OI system to existing pool. To use it, press F5 on 'Welcome' screen.
Cluster suite was updated.
We've worked with MongoDB developers to fix several issues in MongoDB 3.4 component. The possibility of running MongoDB OI buildbot is being investigated.
We've started to remove Gnome 2 applications and libraries. Be warned if (by some strange reason) you still haven't switched to Mate.
ABI compatibility for Solaris 10u10 binaries was added.
Desktop software and libraries
- Xorg was updated to 1.19.5, xorg libraries and drivers were updated.
- Mate was updated to 1.18
- Enlightenment was updated to 0.21.8
- Firefox was updated to 52.4.1
- VLC was updated to 2.2.6
- Thunderbird was updated to 52.4.0
- Lightdm now properly interacts with Solaris-specific Xorg interface, allowing X server to drop privileges.
- several issues in time-slider were fixed (complex configurations with multiple included/excluded filesystems are fixed, zfs-send plugin is working again)
- libjpeg was updated to 1.5.2
- Gstreamer and gstreamer plugins were updated to 1.12.3
- WebkitGTK2 was updated to 2.16.6
- btltty was updated to 5.5
- Nvidia driver was updated to 340.104
- goffice was updated to ABI-incompatible 0.10.35 version, all dependent software should be recompiled
Common tools and libraries
- zsh was updated to 5.3.1
- mc was updated to 4.8.19
- tmux was updated to 2.6, screen - to 4.6.1
- tcpdump was updated to 4.9.2
- mutt was updated to 1.9.0
- fish 2.6 was added
- GNU sed was updated to 4.4
- GNU awk was updated to 4.1.4
- GOST support was addded to OpenSSL
Development tools and libraries
- GCC 7 was added. We've started work to fix oi-userland build with GCC 6.
- Jenkins 2.73.2 (LTS) and 2.85 were added.
- Golang 1.8 was added. Golang 1.6 removed.
- OpenJDK 8 was updated to 1.8.131
- Tcl/Tk were updated to 8.6.6. Third-party modules likely should be recompiled/reinstalled due to the change of the search path.
- Mercurial was updated to 4.2.3
- Git was updated to 2.14.2
- ccache was updated to 3.3.4
- Valgrind was updated to 3.13.0
- PostgreSQL 10 was added, PostgreSQL 9.4-9.6 were updated to latest minor versions. PostgreSQL 9.3 was removed (9.4 is the default one now).
- MongoDB 3.4 was updated to 3.4.9, several portability fixes were added.
- MariaDB 10.1, Percona Server 5.6,5.7 were updated to latest minor versions. Percona Server 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 were removed.
- Cluster suite was updated and is 64-bit only now (corosync 2.4.2, resource-agents 4.0.1, pacemaker 1.1.17, pcs 0.9.159, cmrsh 3.0.1)
- Net-snmp was updated to ABI-incompatible version 5.7.3. All dependent packages should be recompiled.
- OpenVPN was updated to 2.4.3.
- ISC Bind was updated to 9.10.6
- ISC DHCP server was updated to 4.3.5
- Squid was updated to 3.5.27
- Nginx was updated to 1.13.6
- Apache 2.4 was updated to 2.4.29. Apache 2.2 was removed.
- Lighttpd was updated to 1.4.46
- Postfix was updated to 3.1.6.
- Samba was updated to 4.4.16
- GeoIP was updated to 1.6.11. geoip-database shipping GeoIP databases was added
- Nodejs was updated to 0.12.18, 6.11.5, 7.10.1 and 8.8.1
A lot of other bug fixes and minor software updates included.
As always, we are proud to deliver to you latest illumos-gate bits (2727bb055f).